Cadbury Bunny Tryouts 2024 Contest
This modal contains the official rules for the promotion.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Cadbury Bunny Tryouts 2024 Contest ("Promotion") begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 20, 2024, and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on March 23, 2024 (“Promotion Period”). The computer clock of Sponsor is the official time-keeping device in the Promotion. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram. You acknowledge you are providing information to Sponsor (defined below) and not to Instagram.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (excluding Puerto Rico) and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of Promotion registration. Employees, officers and directors of The Hershey Company (the “Sponsor”), and any of its subsidiaries and affiliates, Swift LLC, Zeno Group, Realtime Media LLC, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, and fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. By participating in the Promotion, you release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Parties, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing, from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of any prize. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
TIMING: The Promotion will consist of four (4) phases, as detailed below:
- Phase 1 - Promotion Entry Period: Begins at or about 12:00:01 PM ET on February 20, 2024, and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on February 26, 2024
- Phase 2 – Semi-Finalist Judging Period: Begins at or about 12:00:01 AM ET on February 20, 2024, and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on February 29, 2024
Phase 3 - Public Voting Period: Begins at or about 12:00:01 PM ET on March 11, 2024, and ends at 11:59:59 AM ET on March 23, 2024
The Public Voting Period is made up of five (5) Rounds, in which Semi-Finalists (defined below) are posted bracket-style to Sponsor’s Instagram account for one-on-one public voting contests. Rounds are set forth as follows:
- Round 1: Begins at 12:00 PM ET on March 11, 2024 and ends at 11:59:59 AM ET on March 12, 2024
- Round 2: Begins at 12:00 PM ET on March 13, 2024 and ends at 11:59:59 AM ET on March 14, 2024
- Round 3: Begins at 12:00 PM ET on March 18, 2024 and ends at 11:59:59 AM ET on March 19, 2024
- Round 4: Begins at 12:00 PM ET on March 20, 2024 and ends at 11:59:59 AM ET on March 21, 2024
- Round 5: Begins at 12:00 PM ET on March 22, 2024 and ends at 11:59:59 AM ET on March 23, 2024
- The Public Voting Period is made up of five (5) Rounds, in which Semi-Finalists (defined below) are posted bracket-style to Sponsor’s Instagram account for one-on-one public voting contests. Rounds are set forth as follows:
- Phase 4 - Winner Announcement: The winner will be announced on or about March 25, 2024
To enter, during the Promotion Entry Period, compose a new non-offensive or non-abusive post that includes: (i) a single photograph or video your pet dressed as the Cadbury bunny; (ii) your pet’s story; (iii) why they should be the 2024 Bunny; (iv) tag @CadburyUSA in the photograph/video; and (v) the hashtag #CadburyBunnyContest in your feed, and complies with the Requirements of Entries in Paragraph 5 below (collectively, the “Entry”).
For your Entry to be considered valid, be sure you are following Sponsor’s Instagram Account, include the hashtag #CadburyBunnyContest, and tag @CadburyUSA. Entries made using the Instagram Story functionality are not eligible for entry in this Promotion. Sponsor may not receive Entries that fail to strictly follow the exact instructions set forth in these Official Rules and Sponsor is not responsible for failure to see or receive an Entry. NOTE: Sponsor may not receive Entries from Instagram users with “private” account settings (i.e., user has set their Instagram Account so that only people the user has approved can view their photos) due to the way Instagram operates its service. Be sure your account is set to public. Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may accept a technically incorrect unique hashtag term. Entries not received by Sponsor will not be entered into the Promotion. By participating as described above, you are confirming your acceptance of and agreement to these Official Rules.
Limit of one (1) unique Entry per pet, per person/Instagram Account, throughout the Promotion Entry Period. If more than one (1) Entry for a pet is received from the same person, only the first Entry for that pet received will be considered valid. An entrant may return on a subsequent day during the Promotion Entry Period to submit an Entry of a different pet.
SEMI-FINALIST JUDGING PERIOD: During the Semi-Finalists Judging Period, a judging panel comprised of Administrator’s representatives (“Judges”) will score each eligible Entry up to the maximum number of points allowed, to determine the thirty-two (32) top-scoring Entries (each, a “Semi-Finalist”). Judging will be based on the following criteria:
- 30%: Relevance to Promotion theme (showing off your pet in bunny ears)
- 30%: Creativity
- 40%: Cadbury Brand appeal
In the event of any ties in determining a potential Semi-Finalist, the Entry with the highest score in Cadbury Brand appeal will prevail. In the event there are still any ties, the tied Entries will be judged again and the Entry with the highest overall score will prevail. If any Semi-Finalist is found to be ineligible or does not comply with these Official Rules, he/she will be disqualified and the Entry with the next highest score will be named the Semi-Finalist. Administrator’s, Judges’, and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the judging and selection of the Semi-Finalists. In no event will there be more than thirty-two (32) Semi-Finalists.
Semi-Finalists will be notified by the Sponsor via Direct Message from @CadburyUSA within twenty-four (24) hours after the Semi-Finalist Judging Phase ends (“Semi-Finalist Notification”). If a Semi-Finalist fails to respond to the Semi-Finalist Notification within twenty-four (24) hours or the Semi-Finalist otherwise fails to comply with these Official Rules, his/her Entry will be disqualified and the Entry with the next highest score will be selected as a Semi-Finalist. As part of the Semi-Finalist notification process, each potential Semi-Finalist will be required to provide their contact information, including full name, complete street address (no P.O. Boxes), phone number, email address, date of birth, and confirmation they agree to participate in the Public Voting Period (“Redemption Form”).
REQUIREMENTS OF ENTRIES: Entries must comply with the following:
- Pet must be wearing bunny ears (real or virtual/photoshopped) in Entry photograph;
- Pet must wear real bunny ears (i.e., bunny ears that are not virtual, photoshopped, or computer generated; they must be a physical headband with bunny ears on the pet) in Entry video;
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including copyright infringement, or legal or moral rights of any third party, living or deceased;
- Photograph must not include images of minor children;
- Must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Promotion;
- Must not include any personally-identifiable information;
- Must be the original work of the entrant and must not contain images or artwork, music, quotes, parodies or other materials not created by entrant;
- Must not feature brand names, logos or trademarks other than Sponsor’s trademarks in any other element of the entry or image, which Sponsor has granted, with respect to the Sponsor’s trademarks, entrant a limited license to use for purposes of this Promotion;
- Must not have been submitted previously in a promotion or contest of any kind and has not been exhibited or distributed currently or previously in any media;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that is fraudulent, inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
Must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that contains prohibited content which shall include, but is not limited to content that promotes, suggests, or encourages:
- gambling, including without limitation, any content related to online casinos, sports books, bingo or poker;
- the use of firearms/weapons/ammunition, any illegal drugs, prostitution, pornography, nudity, profanity or other adult content, violence, or the use of alcohol or tobacco products;
- the taking up of arms against any person, government or entity or otherwise challenge or seek to overthrow any government;
- Must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, or age; and
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Entry was created.
Entrant must have approval from any persons appearing in the Entry and any persons that took the photograph or recorded the Entry, if that person is not the Entrant, and be able to provide express written consent of every such person appearing in the Entry to Sponsor and/or Administrator if requested.
Once an Entry is submitted in the Promotion, it may be made available on Sponsor’s social media accounts or other websites for viewing by the public and any such posting will be deemed made at the direction of the entrant within the meaning of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the Communications Decency Act.
By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that your Entry is original to you, that the Entry has not been previously published, has not won previous awards and that neither it nor its contents infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party, including any copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property. By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that you consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Promotion and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
By submitting an Entry, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may receive other Entries under this Promotion that may be similar or identical to the Entry submitted by you, and you waive any and all claims you may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any other Entry reviewed and/or used by Sponsor may be similar to your Entry and you understand that you will not be entitled to any compensation because of Sponsor’s use of such other similar or identical material.
PUBLIC VOTING PERIOD: During the Public Voting Period, Sponsor will post the Semi-Finalist Entries to its Instagram Account in a five (5) round bracket-style voting contest (each, a “Round”), where two (2) Semi-Finalist Entries are matched (each, a “Matchup”), in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and the one (1) Entry with the most valid votes at the end of the Round moves to the next round. Rounds are as set forth below:
Number of Entries Participating
(at 12:00 PM ET)
(at 11:59:59 AM ET)
Number of Entries to Move Forward to Next Round
There will be thirty-two (32) initial Semi-Finalist Entries at the beginning of Round 1, and the following Rounds proceed until the one (1) winner is determined. Semi-Finalist Entries will be matched in each Round by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The one (1) Semi-Finalist Entry in each Matchup with the most votes, subject to verification by Sponsor, will be deemed the Round winner for that Matchup and move forward to the next Round. In the event of a tie in votes, the Judges will review the tied Semi-Finalist Entries and determine the Round winner based on the criteria set forth above.
To vote during the Public Voting Period, you must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States (excluding Puerto Rico) and the District of Columbia, eighteen (18) years of age or older, and with a valid Instagram Account, at the time of voting. During each Round, follow the Sponsor’s post instructions to place one (1) vote for your favorite Semi-Finalist in each Matchup. Each voter may vote one (1) time per day per Matchup during the Voting Phase. Votes received from any person or Instagram Account in excess of this limitation will be void. Votes generated by script, bot, macro or other automated means are void. Voting must be completed by the actual person casting the vote. A person may not vote on behalf of another person. Subsequent votes per Matchup during each Round by a single voter or Instagram Account will be disqualified. Votes intended to impact the integrity of the voting process as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion are void. Payment or other consideration in exchange for votes is prohibited and if a Semi-Finalist does provide, or is suspected of providing, payment or other consideration in exchange for votes directly or indirectly, he/she will be disqualified.
At the end of the Public Voting Period, Sponsor will audit and review votes to ensure proper integrity was maintained. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry it suspects of acting in an unsportsmanlike manner during the entire Promotion Period, including, but not limited to, encouraging voting fraud, making inappropriate comments on the Sponsor’s or other’s Instagram Accounts, or otherwise not acting in compliance with these Official Rules, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
PRIZES/PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: The following prizes are available in the Promotion:
Sixteen (16) Round 1 Prizes: Each winner of a Matchup in Round 1 will receive $100 in the form of a check to be made payable to the winner. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Round 1 prize is $100.
Eight (8) Round 2 Prizes: Each winner of a Matchup in Round 2 will receive $200 in the form of a check to be made payable to the winner. The ARV of each Round 2 prize is $200.
Four (4) Round 3 Prizes: Each winner of a Matchup in Round 3 will receive $400 in the form of a check to be made payable to the winner. The ARV of each Round 3 prize is $400.
Two (2) Round 4 Prizes: Each winner of a Matchup in Round 4 will receive $800 in the form of a check to be made payable to the winner. The ARV of each Round 4 prize is $800.
One (1) Grand Prize: The one (1) winner with the most votes in Round 5 will receive all the following (collectively, the “Grand Prize”):
- The opportunity to have his/her pet featured in a television commercial; and
- One (1) check in the amount of $5,500
The ARV of the Grand Prize is $5,500. The opportunity to have pet featured in a television commercial has no retail value.The total ARV of all prizes available in the Promotion is $11,900.
Prizes are awarded as a single check for the total prize amount for all Round prizes (ex. If a winner wins their Matchups in Round 1, Round 2, and Round 3, he/she will receive a single check in the amount of $700).
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: The winning pet featured in the potential Grand Prize winner’s Entry must be able to perform for the camera and remain reasonably stationary (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) in front of production crew cameras while wearing real bunny ears (i.e., physical bunny ears that are not virtual or photoshopped). The winner and winning pet also must be available to film the commercial on a date and time, as selected by the Sponsor, sometime during 2024. If the selected potential winner’s pet is unable to perform (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) or is unavailable to film the commercial on a date determined by Sponsor, then the potential winner will be disqualified and the other Entry that was included in the Matchup for Round 5 will be selected as the potential winner. If the winner’s pet is unable to sit for the commercial, then the potential winner forfeits the entire Grand Prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules be awarded. If, for any reason, more prize notifications are sent (or more claims are received) than the number of prizes offered, as set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the intended number of prizes based on votes received for the applicable Matchup/Round, as set forth above. No prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of a prize. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees that he/she will not disclose or reveal to any person that he/she has been selected as the winner and/or any details about the prize or prize components until advised by the Sponsor. If a Semi-Finalist or winner discloses or reveals to any person that he/she has been selected as a Semi-Finalist/the winner and/or any details about a prize or prize components before advised by Sponsor, he/she may be disqualified.
WINNER NOTIFICATION: Each Round winner will be subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Within twenty-four (24) hours after the end of Round 5 of the Public Voting Period, each potential Round 3, Round 4, and Round 5 winner will be notified via email and/or telephone using the information disclosed at the time of Notification. Before being declared a verified winner, the potential winner must complete, sign, and return a Declaration of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release and a tax acknowledgement (“Declaration”) within twenty-four (24) hours from the date it is emailed to the potential winner by the Administrator. All potential Semi-Finalists and winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Failure to provide all required information within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of a Semi-Finalist or winner’s right to claim a prize and may result in the prize being awarded to an alternate Semi-Finalist/winner, if time permits. The potential Grand Prize winner may be subject to a background check and verification of the pet before the Grand Prize is awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the potential winner based on the results of such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the Grand Prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on the Sponsor. Upon verification of eligibility, the winner will be contacted regarding Grand Prize fulfillment and Sponsor will coordinate travel to the winner’s home to film the television commercial. The check portion of prizes will be mailed to each Semi-Finalist/winner at the address provided at the time of Notification (PO Boxes not allowed). The Promotion Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the prizes for any reason. If a potential Semi-Finalist/winner is found to be ineligible, is not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a prize, or any Notification/winner notification is returned as undeliverable or the potential Semi-Finalist/winner fails to respond to a winner notification within the timeframe specified in such winner notification, or if a potential Semi-Finalist does not answer the initial Notification, such prize may be forfeited. If the Grand Prize is forfeited for any reason, the other Entry from the Round 5 matchup will be named the alternate potential winner. If any prize is unclaimed, unredeemed or any portion thereof returned as undeliverable, it will be forfeited. Prizes are not transferable and include only the items specifically listed as part of such prize. Any portion of a prize not accepted by a Semi-Finalist/winner will be forfeited. All Round prize and Grand Prize winners shall be solely responsible for payment of any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes for the prize won. Approximate retail value is as of the time these Official Rules were printed and the value of the prize may fluctuate. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely the winner’s responsibility. Each prize will only be awarded to a verified Semi-Finalist/winner. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a prize, such prize will not be rewarded.
EACH ROUND 3, ROUND 4, AND THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE ISSUED A FORM 1099 FOR TAX PURPOSES IN THE AMOUNT OF THE ACTUAL RETAIL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES WON AND MUST SUBMIT HIS/HER SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, AS REQUIRED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES IMPOSED ON THE ACCEPTANCE OF THE PRIZE ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH WINNER.
- RELEASE: As a condition of entering the Promotion, you agree that (1) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, and any claims, judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form class action; and (3) in no event will you be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS PROMOTION PARTIES AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND AGENTS OF EACH, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, WHICH MAY BE DUE TO OR ARISE OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE/MISUSE OR POSSESSION OF PRIZES, OR ANY PRIZE-RELATED TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY. YOU WAIVE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
DISCLAIMER: Promotion Parties are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in these Official Rules or in any Promotion-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual that tampers with the entry process. Sponsor also reserves the right to terminate, suspend, cancel or modify the Promotion and award the prizes for the Promotion from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received (i) as of the date of termination using the judging procedure outlined above if for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other causes that may corrupt or impair the integrity, fairness or proper play of the Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible or liable for any events which may cause errors and/or the Promotion to be stopped, including but not limited to any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, nor are they responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or cable, satellite, or Internet Service Providers, computer equipment, software or any other failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to yours or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible for computer, mechanical, technical, electronic, network or other errors or problems, including any errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of Entries, or in any other Promotion-related materials. Promotion Parties may stop you from participating in this Promotion if you violate Official Rules or act, in Sponsor’s sole discretion: (a) in a manner Sponsor determines to be not fair; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Should more prizes be awarded through a computer, hardware, or software malfunction, error or failure, or for any other reason, in any prize category, than are stated for that category in the Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the number of prizes stated in the Official Rules for that category.
CAUTION: ANY ACT OR ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PROMOTION PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or winners, Sponsor, and administrator in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which might otherwise cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to the Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. You hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non-convenience or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
- TAX INFORMATION: All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner. A 1099 tax form will be issued to the winners of prizes totaling $600 or more.
WINNERS LIST: To receive the list of winners of prizes, send a #10 self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by May 24, 2024 to: Cadbury Bunny Tryouts 2024 Contest - Winners List Request, c/o Realtime Media, 1001 Conshohocken State Road, STE 2–100, West Conshohocken, PA 19428.
SPONSOR: The Hershey Company, 19 E. Chocolate Ave., Hershey, PA 17033. The Hershey Company sells Cadbury products in the United States under license from Cadbury UK Ltd.
ADMINISTRATOR: Realtime Media LLC, 1001 Conshohocken State Road, STE 2–100, West Conshohocken, PA 19428.